Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Godzilla vs. Father Time

Let me tell you a story. The story of a proud ink that refused to die. See, I bought this Godzilla stamper from a thrift shop in 2008.



It was produced in '98 to promote "Mr. Godzilla Goes to Manhattan", and stayed factory fresh until I promptly ripped it open and breathed in that fresh, Pokemon infested late 90's air. That was four years ago. Today the urge washed over me to dethrone the king of monsters and go to town on some Innocent paper. This was the result:

Holy. God. That ink has been around since before I hit puberty, and looks fresh as a daisy. THE POWER OF THE ATOM! And excuse me for not being up to snuff on the last ten years of stamp technology, but that looks pretty damn cool. I remember when you got a malformed smiley face if you were lucky. Look at that! He has shading!


I think I'm going to have my name legally changed to that stamp. "What's that? Sign your petition? BAM Godzilla stamp! Gonna' crush and destroy some unhealthy lunchroom food!"

No comments:

Post a Comment